If you wish to apply for Professional Development Funds, please complete the online Professional Development Application.
Eastern Connecticut State University currently employs in excess of 100 administrators in the SUOAF bargaining unit that range in rank from I – VII. Recognizing the need for continuing education through professional development, and in accordance with 22.6 of our collective bargaining agreement, the Chapter Executive Board has established and approved the following guidelines in accordance with article 22.6.
- To provide for the growth and development of University administrators in order to maintain high standards of educational and administrative service.
- To provide financial support for such activities as workshops, seminars, conferences or other developmental activities to be of a short duration deemed appropriate for our members.
- To encourage University administrators to improve their qualifications and to provide assistance in those areas where such improvement will be of a direct benefit to both the University and the individual members.
Professional development shall be divided into two general categories:
- Campus-wide professional development.
- Individual professional development.
- Campus-wide professional development shall include activities that will be made available to all administrators, such as conferences or workshops. These will be offered in a way that will not disrupt the normal flow of the University’s daily business. Such activities may be structured as ½ day workshops or as educational sessions that can be implemented for all members at one time or as separate workshops for small groups that would be repeated several times to provide opportunity for all members. Campus-wide programs will emerge from proposals by the SUOAF Professional Development Committee and from suggestions and requests of members and departments. All proposals will be reviewed by the committee and implemented through the Associate Vice President of Equity and Diversity (signature authority), after approval of the Chapter Executive Board.
- Individual professional development shall include opportunities tailored to an individual such as state, regional and national conferences and similar one-time events.
Individual Professional Development Process
I. Criteria for eligibility:
- Applicants must be a fully paid up SUOAF member.
- Professional and/or personal development training needs to be relevant to current work.
- An application must be filed within the prescribed timeframe.
*Note that beginning July 1st, 2017, members will be eligible for $600.00 over a rolling three year period.
II. Application and approval process:
- Application and award process during open application periods
- Deadline dates are:
Date Range of Professional Development Opportunity
September 1 – February 31
March 1 – August 31
Application Submission Period
June 15 – September 15
December 1 – March 15
- Announcements will be disseminated by email one month prior to each deadline.
- Applications will be submitted to a committee who will determine awards based on the merit of the activity and availability of funds. Awards will be implemented through the Associate Vice President of Equity and Diversity (signature authority) after approval of the Chapter Executive Board.
III. Award Limits
- The total amount a member can request is $600 over a rolling 3-year period.