Minority Recruitment and Mentoring Committee
Information about the Minority Recruitment and Mentoring Committee is located at https://www.easternct.edu/minority-recruitment-mentoring-committee/index.html
- Clifford Marrett, Director of the Office of Career Success
Nominations and Elections Committee
The Nominations & Elections Committee is responsible for the nominations and elections of representatives to both the chapter and its union committees. The guidelines below are intended to provide an orderly, fair, and consistent conduct of nominations and elections for officers and committee members of the SUOAF/AFSCME Union.
The responsibility of the Nominations & Elections Committee is:
- To coordinate procedures required for the nomination and election of officers and committee members of SUOAF/AFSCME.
- To Verify the eligibility of each candidate before any election.
- Establish a timeline for the election process, and to coordinate with the Local Board the dissemination of information to the Chapter Board in a timely manner.
- Ensure that ballots are tallied.
- Ensure that results are presented to the Membership and/or Board.
- Eric Germain, Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator
Profesional Development Committee
Develop programs which support professional growth of the Administrative Faculty at Eastern Connecticut State University. The Professional Development Committee is a Committee of SUOAF/AFSCME, charged by the chapter Executive Board at Eastern to foster the development and enhancement of the professional Administrative Faculty members.
- Julia DeLapp, Director of the Center for Early Childhood Education
Sick Leave Representative
SUOAF/AFSCME has established an emergency sick leave bank to provide permanent bargaining unit members with salary benefits during periods of catastrophic or extended long-term illness. Union members are assessed a number of hours set by the contract to be donated to the emergency sick leave bank. These hours are allocated to employees meeting the appropriate conditions. Please refer to the SUOAF/AFSCME collective bargaining agreement (Article 24.2.10) to determine the process of coverage of the emergency sick leave bank and under what conditions.
- VACANT (please reach out to Leigh Balducci)
The mission of the SUOAF Social committee is to enhance the social environment for union members in the workplace. We strive to fulfill this mission by providing activities and events which focus on socialization, appreciation, and recognition.
- Roxanne Deojay, Inventory and Resources Assistant – Archives and Special Collections
University Senate Committee
Taken from Eastern’s University Senate Constitution, Section 4.11 (Membership and Representation)
The University Senate shall consist of one representative for each academic department, one for the Library and Counseling Faculty, one for Athletics Faculty, the President of the University as a non-voting member, and three senior officers of the Administration (i.e., the two Vice Presidents and the Dean of Student Affairs), five representatives chosen by and from members of the Administrative Faculty bargaining unit, four Faculty members elected at large from the entire Instructional and Administrative Faculty of the University, and three students selected by the student government.